Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Cotton Anniversary

I moved to NYC January 26, 2008 - two years ago today.
Happy 2nd Anniversary, New York!

Photo taken on my first night living here:
Bleeker Street, January 26, 2008


My two year relationship with New York has had it's rollercoaster of ups and downs. I savor the postcard worthy moments of reading on the grass in Washington Square Park to the background music of a jazz trio, attending a rooftop summer soiree at The Met, and dancing with my three roommates in our Greenwich Village living room. I am ready to book the next plane ticket back to Texas when I see the bruises on my legs after carrying a TV up to the 4th floor, read the city and state income tax lines on my paycheck, and show up to work drenched after walking in the horizontal, windy rain with a flipped-out umbrella. This city beats you up physically, financially, spiritually, and emotionally - but listen to Empire State of Mind and you are NY proud.

My friend Caroline sent this someecard when I first moved here - I have it hanging in my cubicle.

Before I get too Dear Diary on here, I want to thank my fabulous friends here in the city for opening your arms and making living here such a dream come true and incredibly fun - I could not survive without you. And to my family and friends in Texas - thank you for your love, support, prayers, and encouragement. You are my life raft. I need to stop watching so many awards shows - I am starting to write in the format of acceptance speeches.

I raise my cupcake and toast you New York - to 2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment