Monday, January 25, 2010

grab your crack fork

Welcome my first guest blogger, Miss Kathleen Patterson. Kathleen is an easy, breezy, beautiful cover girl visitor - her one request during her stay was to visit Momofuku Milk Bar. I am embarrassed to say that I have not been to any of the Momofuku empire restaurants in my 2 years here. So thanks to Kathleen for getting me to hop on the Momofuku train. I thought it only appropriate that she give her own personal review of Momofuku Milk Bar - take it away Kathleen!....

Does anyone else watch Regis and Kelly? No? Last month while Regis was having his hip replaced, (here's to a happy and healthy 2010, Regis!), the great Anderson Cooper filled in for him. I love Anderson Cooper and will heed any advice he gives. So when he raved about Momofuku Milk Bar, I knew I had to experience it for myself.

Meredith and I made our way down there on a very chilly Sunday afternoon. Even though it was freezing outside, lots of people were eating their oddly flavored ice creams (example flavors: salt and pepper, pb & j, cereal milk?). We didn't try any but heard good things about the cereal milk. The display case had some great looking cakes and pies, of which Meredith did not take a picture. I think she was trying to sabotage my guest post, but WHATEV.

compost cookie with momofuku (translated to "lucky peach") logo

Anderson specifically recommended the Crack Pie and the compost cookie. We got both. The compost cookie is exactly what it sounds like, lots of random ingredients: pretzels, potato chips, coffee, oats, butterscotch, chocolate chips. It was definitely good, but nothing to write home about. The Crack Pie however.. was definitely all it was CRACKED up to be. get it?! get it?! I can only describe it as the best oatmeal cookie you've ever had, but in pie form.

slice of crack pie: toasted oat crust, gooey butter filling

Momofuku Milk Bar
207 2nd ave. nyc 10003
corner of 13th and 2nd
monday -friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 am
saturday - sunday: 9:00 am - 12:00 am

5 comments:

  1. That is the best guest post I have EVER seen!

    I wondered what Anderson was raving about, and now I know. Thanks Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was going to be the first guest blogger. Well at least I will be the best...booooyahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just messing with you...good post Kathleen. Although you chose the one place I DIDNT go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, it was the only place not tainted with the stench of CLARK

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMFG!! Brilliant! Someone call the New Yorker, we have the next Carry Bradshaw right in our hip pocket!!

    ReplyDelete